The hair dryer is mainly used for drying and shaping hair, but it can also be used for local drying, heating and physiotherapy in laboratories, physiotherapy rooms, industrial production, art and other aspects. According to the type of motor it uses, it can be divided into AC series, AC shroud and DC permanent magnet. The advantage of the series-type hair dryer is that the starting torque is large and the rotation speed is high, which is suitable for manufacturing a high-power hair dryer; the disadvantage is that the noise is large, and the commutator has certain interference to the telecommunication equipment. The advantage of the shaded hair dryer is that the noise is small and the service life is long, and the interference is not caused to the telecommunication equipment; the disadvantage is that the rotation speed is low, the starting performance is poor, and the weight is large. The advantages of the permanent magnet type hair dryer are light weight, high rotation speed, simple manufacturing process, low cost, and high quality and low price.
Although there are many types of hair dryers, the structure is similar. They are composed of a casing, a handle, a motor, a fan blade, an electric heating element, a windshield, a switch, and a power cord.
1. Housing. It protects the internal parts and is an external decorative part.
2. Electric motor and fan blades. The motor is housed in the housing and the vane is mounted on the shaft end of the motor. When the motor rotates, air is taken in by the air inlet, and the air is blown out by the air outlet.
3. Electric heating elements. The electric heating element of the hair dryer is made of electric heating wire and is installed at the air outlet of the hair dryer. The wind discharged by the motor is heated by the electric heating wire at the air outlet to be sent by hot air.
Some hair dryers are equipped with a thermostat near the electric heating element. When the temperature exceeds the predetermined temperature, the circuit is cut off to protect it.
4. The windshield. Some hair dryers have a circular windshield at the air inlet to adjust the air intake. A blower without a circular windshield can also adjust the amount of air intake by covering a part of the air inlet with a piece of paper. The amount of air intake is small, the wind blown out is relatively hot, the amount of air entering is large, and the wind blown out is not too hot. It should be noted that the wind-gap cannot be blocked too much, otherwise the motor will be damaged or the electric heating element will be burnt out due to excessive temperature.
5. The switch. The hair dryer switch generally has three positions of “hot air”, “cold wind” and “stop”. Common white means “stop”, red means “hot air” and blue means “cold wind”.
Some electric heating elements of the hair dryer are composed of two or three electric heating wires for adjusting the temperature and are controlled by the selection switch.
With the reform and gradual improvement of the performance of the hair dryer, a set of thermostatic automatic electronic control components are connected in series with the heating elements of most hair dryers at home and abroad. It can automatically turn on the circuit and encounter special under the normal working condition of the air cylinder. In the case (such as the phenomenon of overheating of the heating element), the circuit is automatically cut off. In the selection of the material of the air duct casing, the material of metal (such as copper or cold-rolled iron plate) was used in the past, and the thermoplastic engineering materials (mainly polycarbonate, modified polystyrene, modified polypropylene, etc.) were selected to make.